Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Active Rest

Yesterday was an "active rest" day folowing Sundays ride. I spent the afternoon helping the in-laws move into a new house. Today its bac into it, in an easy kind of way. I think its really important not to smack your body around to much but rather to take a measured approach to things. Key is to give your body a chance to take on board the training that its done, recover and repair, before loading it up with more. For that reason a lot of my weeks now are starting off easy (following a hard weekend) and building up as the week goes.

Things I'm watching out for is a rising heart rate (I need to see it steady at normal resting levels so I know that I've got the recovery right) and staying free of injury (your much more likely to pick up an injury when you haven't reoered properly from a big session).

All in all the plans on track

No comments: