Saturday, June 30, 2007

30th June 2007

Its been another week with highs and lows. The week started off well with a bit of light hearted competition thanks to my sisters little challenge (see previous post). I managed to get in a number of good running and bike sessions early on in the week. However I've been feeling like I was on the verge of getting sick for a couple of weeks now, and I think with the colder weather and increased training load it tipped me over and I started feeling run down and developed a sore throat by Thursday.

From experence I know that this is a pretty good sign that I need to ease up (given that I do a number of my bike sessions fairly late at night after the kids have gone to sleep and all the good TV programs have finished, meaning I often don't finish until 11pm(ish) and I'm not in bed until just before midnight, coupled with the kids not sleeping all that well lately - I've been quite tired. Yes I can hear the violins playing ...) So a couple of days off and 1 and a half good sleepin's and I'm feeling much better.

On a more amusing note my wife Helen and I went out for a "date night" on Tuesday. Helen was talking to a friend before we headed off and mentioned that we were going on a "date night". "Where are you going?" was the natural question .... "to the gym" (I take Helen to all the best places. To be fair we did go out for a nice dinner afterwards).

The gym class we went to was a "body balance" class which combines ti che, pilates, and yoga. This focused on core strength and flexibility both areas which I tend to neglect (I've spent some time as an exercise physiologist so I really have no excuse - I'm just being lazy).

So apart from getting sick tings are still going well and generally according to plan.

No comments: