Thursday, June 14, 2007

14th June 2008

I had a bit of a sore foot last week following a rather hilly 20k run that I normally do each Sunday. It felt a little sore after the run but nothing to bad, so I took it easy on Monday (Queens birthday weekend) with a gentle bike ride. Come Tuesday and I went out for a 40 minute run during my lunch break at work. Afterwards my foot was sore again, so no more running. I spent the rest of the week on the indoor bike trainer (yay).

This week I managed to get my bike into work (I work in the Auckland CBD). I had a few funny looks riding up the lift with my time trial bike, but then again it was one of the few times that people actually talked in the lift. At work I had a few people ask "you didn't seriously ride into work today did you?" (I live about 50k's away from work, the answer was "not yet" - it is winter afterall, so it'd be dark when I left, but I do plan on riding in when the days get longer, all part of the plan).

So I've had a good week of riding during my lunch breaks. One of my weaknesses when I was into road cycling was riding with to low a cadence, so I don't have a bike computer hooked up at the moment (because if I did I'd be too hung up on the speed and distance, and not concentrate on technique). Instead I'm just using my heart rate monitor and focusing on staying in my zones and keeping the cadence high. Seems to be working, I'm looking forward to putting a computer back on and seeing what it has to say.

Foots back to normal again as well.

No comments: