Saturday, June 23, 2007

23rd June 2007

It's been a fairly easy week this week with a couple of rest days on Tuesday and Friday. It was been good as I've been quite tired this week (partly due to my 4 year old son waking each night at around 1pm and taking some effort to settle this week).

I was up at 6.30am this morning with the kids and managed to get away just before 8am for a run. The run was a pretty good 15k hill run this which felt refreshingly easy, I was back just under an hour and a half later which was the target.

I haven't been using my heart rate monitor while running or a while, I think sometimes its good to have a break from the gizmo's and just run. One of the good things about taking a break from the monitor is that when you put it back on again you notice fitness imporvements straight away. It's one thing to for the workouts to feel easier and another to actually see the numbers.

During my run this morning my heart rate was between 5 and 10 BPM lower than what it had been previously during the climbs.

Also out of interest I had a go at getting my resting heart rate last night before going to sleep (my kids normally wake me up so checking it in the morning isn't generally going to give a true resting heart rate result - especially when you're woken up by a little hand tapping you one the eyelids and a voice saying "I've woken up daddy"). Anyway my resting heart rate is currently around 48 BPM.

No comments: