Monday, December 3, 2007

Rubbish Ride

Ever had a day where your training just wouldn't work? Yesterday's "long ride" was like that.

I had planned to do a 110k ride but it got slashed to just 75k's as I felt like rubbish. The legs just wouldn't fire, it felt like I was constantly bashing into a head wind and I got rained on several times! I suspect that it was probably the antibiotic's messing up my energy system (they do that) but knowing that didn't make me feel any better about things.

I eventually got home in a bit of a grump after 2 hrs 20 min on the bike. So to make myself feel better I dusted off my tri-spoke race wheels put them on and tuned them into the bike. They're beautiful and I felt better just looking at them. I took the bike for a quick spin in the afternoon to make sure that I had tuned in the cluster correctly and that all the gears fired where they should, and came home with a big grin on my face. The wheels are FAST and make a cool wop wop wop noise when they start spinning.

I had my last antbiotic last night and am ow largely well again. So with the flash wheels on the bike I'm all set for the half ironman in two weeks time. My first propery triathalon, I'm so excited

4 comments:

Mike said...

Amazing what a set of wheels can do :)

Good to hear you're almost fully recovered ... just in time to taper for the Half :) haha

Bruce said...

You get days like that, sounds like you have a decent excuse though. Looks like you had a good run though, and you even had some supporters out there! Were you running Lonely Track Rd?

Kieran Mischewski said...

I ended up going up The Avenue (behind Albany) and onto Paremoremo Road towards the prison. It was a nice run.

Anonymous said...

God I love that wop wop wop sound!! IT'S COOL....