Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mountain Biking

or something a little different I went out mountain biking yesterday evenin with a mate. It was a really refreashing change and just great to get away form sealed roads and do something different.

The forest that we went to (Riverhead for those in the area) was a mix of single track and forestry road. The forestry road a fairly dry with loads of good solid uphill and nice long downhill, but the single track was muddy and slippery due to the better part of a weeks worth of rain.

I took it pretty easy as I was a bit worried of crashing and breaking myself with only a couple of days until the Rotorua Half Ironman (I have a habit of crashing when I go mountain biking). It was great, I didn't crash (which was more than I could say for my mate) and had a blast, I'll diffently be putting in some more mountain bike sessons in the near future (its acually quite good for your riding technique according to some studies I've seen).

Next up is the half ironman, I'm a bit nervious about this as it will be my first actual tri. I've done some multisport stuff before, but in multisport you have someone else (your support crew) taking care of the transitions for you. Plus I've never run a half marathon off a 90k ride before - so I guess I'll see how I go.

3 comments:

Mike said...

I'm trying to wrangle a visit to Rotorua to take some pictures of that bike ... oh and support you of course and soak up the atmosphere. The blue lake (it is in the blue lake isn't it) seems like the perfect location for the swim. I might ride there and make it a training day ... or I might not get a pass to go ... you know what family life is like

Good luck anyway - sure you'll smoke it! :)

Kieran Mischewski said...

It would be great if you can make it, but I know that for me that kind of thing is usually family dependant, and yes it is the Blue Lake. It would be god to actually meet you

Mike said...

Sorry never made it ... you know the story :)

Hope you did great. Can't wait to read your race report.