Thursday, October 23, 2008

Its Done!

That's right, I've parted with my hard earned cash and have finally actually entered the 100k race! As I type this my entry form is in the post and winging its way to the race director (yes oddly enough no online entry - its done the old fashion way).

So now I really am committed to my first ULTRA, wish me luck (and no injuries!)

Speaking of injuries I had to cut a run short last Sunday as I had a steadily increasing pain on the front of my lower leg. I was terrified that it may have been the start of something serious (like a compound fracture etc - always jump to the worst possible conclusion). Happily it was only a strained muscle coming up the front of my shin (Extensior Digitorum Longus I think for those geeky nough to want to know). And is now feeling just about back to normal after four days with no running and lots of gentle stretching. That will teach me for wearing old shoes!

I'm going to try and go for a gentle run tomorrow, so hopefully that will go without a hitch!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck with the recovery run ... when is the Ultra race?

Kieran Mischewski said...

Thanks, the race is part of the Great Lake Rely on the 21st Feb. There'll be somewhere around 4500 - 5000 other people there (doing the rely) so I certainly won't be lonely!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on taking the final leap and entering!

Kieran Mischewski said...

Parting with my hard earned cash is always the hardest part, that and prizing my wallet open!