Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Grrrr Stupid Illness

Sure its only been a couple of days (actually three, four if you count Saturday as I didn't do anything then either cause I was feeling a touch manky), but I'm staring to get grumpy and jumpy. The last couple of days have been beautiful in my part of the world and I've been forced to sit around and watch the sun transverse the sky rather than get out there and sweat in it.

It's driving me nuts! I'm still not quite right, but I'm much improved from where I was which is good.

Our family was heading out to a friends place, which is out in the country, this evening, so naturally I suggested "hey I could bike out and meet you there!" Sensibly this idea was met with a dissaproving look and a firm "NO" (which was of course the smart thing to do - wife always knows best).

So I'm havng one more days rest and tomorrow I'm going to run into work (which is now only 3.5 k's away), hopefully that will relieve some of my grumpiness!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hope your run went well

Kieran Mischewski said...

To be honest I felt a little dizzy when I got to the top of the only hill between my home and work (top of Bush Road) and the breathing was a lot dryer than normal ... but I still got a run in, so its all good.

Going home was a bit easier and soon I'm going to have a light spin on the bike (indoors) to help me get back into the swing of things.

Hey only a couple of days to go before Tinman aye? Hope everythings on track!

Dean said...

Grrr stupid calf muscle - misery loves company, so think about me... minor tear on a calf muscle when running home from work a week ago. Felt real bad for two days, couldn't even pretend to walk properly, but then some physio and strengthening exercises have things feeling a lot better. At least unlike you I don't need to use my legs on my bike!

Hope you are all better real quick!